We think that nature is fantastic and we hope we can inspire more people to head out into it. The reason is simple - it is where we want to spend our free time. That is why we are doing our best to integrate environmental care into all aspects of our organization. Environmental awareness has always been a natural part of Fjällräven Classic.
Environmental Award for Fjällräven Classic
Fjällräven Classic has received the award of “Eco-labelled Event” every year since 2010, by the Keep Sweden Tidy Foundation (www.keepswedentidy.org).
The Foundation’s Environmental Award for Events are given to public events, for example contests and concerts, which work actively on reducing their environmental impact. Working actively with environmental issues creates added value for visitors, participants, sponsors and for the organisers themselves.
Fjällräven Classic has for several years worked purposefully to educate, inform and inspire both participants and officials to take responsibility for the environment.
Using the criteria for Eco-labelled Event has taken Fjällräven Classic a further step to systematically reduce the event's environmental impact. Reuse, recycling and reducing resource use are prioritised areas, as well as for the participants to leave as few traces as possible after the trail.
Environmental Policy of Fjällräven Classic
• Fjällräven Classic should be an environmentally-aware event that takes the environment into consideration in all decisions and in our choice of partners.
• Fjällräven Classic is an event in a unique mountain environment that we want to preserve and protect for future generations.
• Fjällräven Classic should educate, inform and inspire both officials and participants to be environmentally responsible, and thereby promote sustainable development.
• Our work with environmental issues should continuously be improved. Fjällräven Classic strives to decrease the impact on the environment, prevent pollution and organise an environmentally safe event.
• Fjällräven Classic has the same national environmental quality goals that the Swedish Parliament has adopted as guidance for environmental issues.
• Fjällräven Classic should follow appropriate legislature and regulations as well as relevant environmental requirements.